Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
determine launchpad configuration
System
In a 5.5.2 custom menu item, is there any way to determine if the user has configured launchpad for remote or local editing? I need to include upload links if the user has configured launchpad for remote editing. I think upload is not a supported CCI, but I do remember seeing it somewhere (I think /iw/webdesk/upload?vpath=whatever) and it seemed to work.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Remember LaunchPad can be configured to use direct
mounting for some vpaths (if it matches a prefix) and not
for others, so it's not just enabled/disabled per user.
The direct editing config info is stored on the client side, so
determining that on the server is not straight forward.
You might try calling upload and see if it's a "no op" if the
file would be a direct edit, and see if that just happens to
work...
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
> You might try calling upload and see if it's a "no op" if the
> file would be a direct edit, and see if that just happens to
> work...
Thanks. Can you explain this though? How do I call upload? How do I determine if it's a no op? Is that Perl/CGI, JavaScript, JSP/OpenAPI, Content Services or some other lingo?
AxisLabelFormat.zip
Migrateduser
You might try hitting the (undocumented?) CCI url you mentioned for Upload,
and see what happens if the vpath is a direct mount..
Looking at the code right now, I'm sort of doubtful it will ignore the request if
it's a direct mount.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering