Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is OD 5.6 stable
Thiags
Hi
We are currently using OD 551 running on win 2k server and planning to upgrade to OD5.6.Our server deploys content to various intranet and internet webservers.
I need clarity on two items..
1.When I upgrade my teamsite server to OD 5.6, Do I need to upgrade the Open Deploy which runs on the receiver also to 5.6 i.e my intranet and internet webservers.Is OD 551 running on receivers is compatible with the OD 5.6 on my teamsite server.
Will it work if I only upgrade my teamsite server and not the receivers.
2.Is Open Deploy 5.6 stable?
Thanks is advance to share your thoughts..
-Thiags
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
We're running on Solaris, but have basically the same setup. We recently upgraded only our OD base server to 5.6 from 5.5.1 and it went smoothly. Everything runs just fine. None of our receivers have been upgraded from 5.5.1. No problems at all.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
Frankly you could probably upgrade to OD6 while you're at it - again there should be no problems doing so if your receivers are already running 551. I believe 6 is pretty stable, but certainly 5.6 is "more stable" because it's older (OD6 has been out for several months now - since around the end of May / beginning of June I believe)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Thiags
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.
-- Thiags
Maninder_IBM
Does anyone know whether any changes are required to OD scripts when upgrading or is the upgrade pretty smooth without additional config?
Adam Stoller
DNR scripts or OD config files?
OD6 provides some changes for the deployment config files - but is fully backwards compatible with 551/56 config files.
DNR scripts from 551 may require you to alter some default settings in the server configuration files to change the style of logging and/or disable reporting so that the in-memory log is in the format you're expecting. If your DNR scripts don't utilize the in-memory logs, then you shouldn't need to make any changes to your DNR scripts either.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Maninder_IBM
Thanks.