Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
metadata rules, datacapture.cfg configuration
kellyrmilligan
I am trying to simplify my set up on these two files. I have a standard set of fields that apply to the entire branch, which is easy. and then I have some fields that belong to only certain directories. I am also using containers. I am on TS 6.1 on Solaris.
Here's the code for datacapture.cfg that I was trying out:
<ruleset name="standard">
<view-container name="BSASSETS">
<view name="DESCRIPTION">
<description>
Metadata that describes the topic of the asset.
</description>
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_fsu_locations.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/keywords.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_targetaudience.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_system.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_subsystem.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_author_lan_creat_modify.ipl" />
</view>
<view name="TAXONOMY">
<description>
Metadata that records taxonomy of the asset.
</description>
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_subject.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_process.ipl" />
</view>
</view-container>
</ruleset>
<ruleset name="claimcheck">
<view-container name="BSASSETS">
<view name="DESCRIPTION">
<description>
Metadata that describes the topic of the asset.
</description>
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_chngsrc.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_chngtype.ipl" />
</view>
</view-container>
</ruleset>
I basically want the fields for that directory to appear in the same view or container as the first set of standard fields.
Thanks,
Kelly
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What does your metadata-rules.cfg look like?
What's happening? / Not happening? (screenshot might help)
What version of TeamSite?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kellyrmilligan
I am on Teamsite 6.1, Here is metadata-rules:
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/ANNOUNCEMENT">
<rule name="standard" />
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CLAIM_CHECK">
<rule name="claimcheck" />
</cond>
</cond>
Adam Stoller
You've nested two rules whose directory structures do not nest. Try one of the following:
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource">
<rule name="standard" />
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CLAIM_CHECK">
<rule name="claimcheck" />
</cond>
</cond>
or
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/ANNOUNCEMENT">
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CLAIM_CHECK">
<rule name="standard" />
<rule name="claimcheck" />
</cond>
The first says to apply the "standard" rules to
everything
under
bluesource
and the "claimcheck" to those files that are under
bluesource/CLAIM_CHECK
- the second one says apply
only
"standard" rules to files under
bluesource/ANNOUNCEMENT
and to apply
both
"standard" and "claimcheck" rules to files under
bluesource/CLAIMCHECK
I'm not sure if you can have the claimcheck rules modify the per-view-container fields of the standard rules - but hopefully this will get you closer to what you want.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kellyrmilligan
yeah, sorry I posted the old version of the rules. I tried the ones that you did, but the view-container stuff is messing it up. That is when I get the error. If there weren't any containers I think it would work. For now I just have a big datacapture.cfg. and a small metadatarules.cfg file. Since we have so many fields the container's make it more user-friendly, so I think I need to keep those in.
Has anyone done this with containers?
Adam Stoller
I think each rule has to populate its own view-containers (if you're using them) otherwise it's just a single big form with additional fields added for each rule that's applied.
I'm pretty sure I did this once (about 2 years ago) using different tabs for different rulesets - something like:
ruleset_A: tab1, tab2
ruleset_B: tab3
ruleset_C: tab4, tab5
and we had conditions set such that most files had rulesets A and C applied and a few had A, B, and C applied.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kellyrmilligan
I ended up doing this:
datacapture:
<data-capture-requirements type="metadata">
<ruleset name="standard">
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_fsu_locations.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/keywords.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_targetaudience.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_system.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_subsystem.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_author_lan_creat_modify.ipl" />
<view-container name="BSASSETS">
<view name="TAXONOMY">
<description>
Metadata that records taxonomy of the asset.
</description>
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_subject.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_process.ipl" />
</view>
</view-container>
</ruleset>
<ruleset name="claimcheck">
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_chngsrc.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_chngtype.ipl" />
</ruleset>
<ruleset name="system">
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_primary_system.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_secondary_system.ipl" />
</ruleset>
<ruleset name="external_contact">
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_products.ipl" />
<inline command="/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /usr/iw-home/custom/bin/bs_groups.ipl" />
</ruleset>
</data-capture-requirements>
metadata-rules:
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/ANNOUNCEMENT">
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CLAIM_CHECK">
<rule name="claimcheck" />
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CODE">
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CODE_UPDATE">
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/CORPORATE_DISCLAIMER">
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/EXCEPTION">
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="/WORKAREA/Content/templatedata/bluesource/EXTERNAL_CONTACT">
<rule name="external_contact" />
<rule name="standard" />
</cond>
I only needed one other container for our taxonomy, this puts the fields in the default view container all together.