Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Installation of 6.1 on Windows
princefarming
Has anyone tried to install TS as a Power User? Or here's another question... My organization won't allow me administrator access to a development box, I'll have Power User privileges only, but I am the one tasked with installing TeamSite. I read in the install guide for 6.1 that they say to Login as Administrator and then do the install.
Is there any reason you have to be the Administrator?
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Because system services are installed you must be an administrator. Power users cannot modify OS files and services.
Why don't you have an admin run through the installation process with you?
princefarming
Ya it looks like I'll have to go that route, thanks for your response.
What about later down the road? Do you think I'll run into problems? Can a power user start and stop services, I assume no, but I'm not sure about that. I'm just thinking in terms of the iwresets and other scripts I'll need to run.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Gregg Faus
Power users can stop and start system services which are not started by default. So you may be able to restart an individual service through the service panel. I have doubts about running iwreset though. I even as an admin, I've had to make sure the admin user could "Act as part of the Operating System". This is a policy set in the local security settings.
I would bet your admin could define you local security policy so that Power Users could have the necessary rights to perform an iwreset if it doesn't work already.
I've never used a power user for IW admin purposes so my information may not be exact. I would just try it out and see what you cannot do.