Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is there another way to add to DataDeploy clsspth?
clogan
I am upgrading from DataDeploy 5.2.1 to OD/DD 6.0. In DataDeploy 5.2.1, I was able to add my TuplePreProcessor class files to the deployments by adding to the classpath in iwdd.ipl. When I would recompile them, the changes would take affect the next time I deployed. Now in OD/DD 6.6 it says that I have to put my TuplePreProcessors to /usr/iw-home/OpenDeployNG/userlib/odadaptor.jar and restart the OD server every time.
Is there another way to add to the classpath and in a way that I don't have to restart the OD server every time?
Thanks.
-Craig
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
In 6.0, odadapter.jar is the only way to add your custom classes.
In OD 6.0.1 (due later this month), you'll be able to add your classes to a directory under od-home, but for now this will be limited to when you're running DD in "default" mode. (OD 6.0.1 has a new "execProcess" option for DD where each data deployment spawns a separate process. For now your DD custom classes will still have to be in odadapter.jar when using this new capability.)
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
clogan
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the upgrade from OD 6.0 to OD 6.0.1 is going to be a big upgrade? Will any of our OD 6.0 configuration files have to be modified to work with 6.0.1?
Migrateduser
6.0.1 is just a sustaining release. The installer should detect you have 6.0 and do the rest for you. Config files won't have to change.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
clogan
Great! I will keep a lookout for the release of OD 6.0.1.
Thanks.