Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Who can use iwtaketask and iwsettaskownerandarea
pooleb
Does anyone know the 'rule' for who can use iwsettaskownerandarea and iwtaketask to change task owners? The 'set up': we are allowing certain types of users to be able to update the owner of certain tasks...you know the routine...in case someone leaves the company or goes on vacation etc. So we are providing a GUI to do this (and we don't want all these users to be masters either).
So...to keep from getting the error message that such-and-such does not have permission to change the owner, what is the rule for who can do this? I can't seem to find it documented. The CLT manual just says what the function does, not who can do it. Is it just the owner of the workflow and all masters? If that's the case I guess I'll need to run a small workflow to do this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The users who are allowed to own a task varies with the type of task. If the task may need to write to the area, then the user must have write access to the area. For a group task, the user must belong to the "shared by" users and groups on the task. For a submit task, the user must be a master or the owner of the workarea.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
pooleb
What I was really after was not who can OWN the task, but who can CHANGE the ownership of the task. In otherwords, who is allowed to run the CLTs to change a user and group task? (Assuming again we are using a GUI to do this.)
Migrateduser
In the UIs, a workflow job can generally be changed by the owner of the job or a master. Some attributes can be changed by the owner of an active task.
Most of the CLTs follow the same policy, but not all. Sorry, but I don't know the specific details of these two CLTs.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
nipper
What rev of TS are you looking for ?
For 552 it is defined in the TS admin manual (chapter managing access)
so RTFM
pooleb
Thanks Brinko.
That's what I thought, however, even though I have a user ID that is both a Master and the owner of the job, I keep getting the "ERROR:02439: Operation not permitted" error. I think there is a bug associated with taking of tasks in the 6.0 GUI and maybe this is related.
nipper
You should call support.
In 552 I am master & often remove jobs (in most cases I am not the owner)
I have noticed the change task owner never really works well. It may require that
(like with unix) the owner of a task give it away. Though that does not make
much sense.
Andy
pooleb
Right, it does seem a little fickle. I've opened a case. I'll let you know if it's a bug. This is 6.0 AIX and there's been a lot of little 'gotchas' here and there, this may be one of them.
vp98aa
Hi PooleB
Did you ever get this resolved? I am running into same issue.
Please let me know ASAP if you can.
Thanks