Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite 5.01 Service Crashes Every 5 mins
fyyap
Hi,
My company Teamsite Server 5.01, running on SunOS 5.7 recently encounter a very serious problem - Teamsite service will go down every 5 mins. The only action we can take now is to restart the server if the service go down.
Error mesage we will encounter include:
1. Internal server error ....
2. Connect to PRC failed ...
3. user will see error message when try to login : invlaid login: domain=null, role=editor...
Would appreciate if anybody has idea on what is the root cause of this problem can share with us.
sincerely
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I'd suggest to open a support case ASAP. there could be zillions of issues that cause this behavior.. even the lack of disk space could be the problem.. however it will be better of you run diagnostic tests that support will ask you to run and upload them for speedy resolution...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Also,what version of 5.0. There are many releases, service packs and patches.
Please note the 5.0 is also close to or at end-of-life, so you'll want to be looking at upgrading to either 5.5.x or 6.x at your earliest convenience.
Support is definately a good place to check in.
hth,
lissa
Adam Stoller
If you're running 5.0.1 - I'm not sure you'll get much support for it - since I believe it's way beyond End-of-Life. If you're lucky, someone will remember something like this and be able to toss you a suggestion or two - but the most likely response you'll get is: "upgrade"
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I don't think fyyap will get any support for this version. It's already beyond "end of life", no?
Dave
hitc
you can check one or 2 things but I must agree with the others asks IW and upgrade
You should check some basic if you didn't do it already:
1. The file passphrase in iw-home/etc/private must be owned by the "iwui" user
2. check the space for the backing store,I always add the error " invlaid login: domain=null, role=editor..." because of the space.But I remember something about the license...is your license ok?
The ERROR:00930: RPC connection failure you have in the logs is because iwserver is not up.
columnarRojo.rptdesign
clogan
I had a similar problem with Teamsite 5.0.1. Apparently with that version of Teamsite, you shouldn't have more than 500 editions in a branch. We had more than 2000 editions on some branches before the server started crashing. To fix the problem, we renamed the branches with over 500 editions, recreated them, and copied the data over. Make sure that you don't use any Teamsite command line tool to copy over the data. You don't want any llinks to the old branch with more than 500 editions.
You should also turn off the auto compressing of editions.
If this is the problem, you should also see a great increase in performance.
We had High Availability running which restarted the server every time it crashed. It delayed us seeing the problem, but the users didn't notice that much either.
I hope this helps.
-Craig
Craig Logan
Internet Engineer
Reader's Digest
www.rd.com
www.changeone.com
iwovGraduate
Apart from whats suggested already, you might have better changes for getting some suggestions if you attach more details of your log files. What you have attached is just one screenful of snippet from the log files. If its too big post the last several hundred lines atleast.
Do you recall any changes you have made to the server - to Solaris or TS recently ?
fyyap
Hi,
Many thanks for your reply. I couldn't find the the file passphrase in iw-home/etc/private. May I know where could this file being located?
Thanks again.
fyyap
Thanks for your advise. I already open a case with Interwoven Support and they are helping me now. According to their finding, the server crash was due to a bug in TS 5.01 and there is no fix for this version. Their advise is to upgrade the TS to 5.5.2 SP2.
regards.
gzevin
well, many of us have predicted this scenario
. This is the usual approach of the support... especially IWOV one..
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
fyyap
Hi,
Recently we didn't make any changes to the TS or OS. The problem is just suddenly occurs
regards
fyyap
Hi Craig,
You are the best
Thanks for your advice, I manage to solve the problem temporary. However, for the long term solution, we already in the progress to plan for upgrading to TS6.1.
Just a quick question, so far have you encounter the same problem after your company upgraded the Teamsite (which I believe you already did so)
Thanks and regards
clogan
Supposedly there isn't an edition limit to TS6.1. I say supposedly because we are still upgrading to TS6.1. We plan on putting TS6.1 live Next weekend(10/15 - 10/17). Support and a couple of tech articles say that it isn't a problem with TS6.1.
I am glad to see that I was able to help someone here on devnet.
Good luck on your upgrade. I can't remember what version exactly you said you were on, but if it is 5.0.1, I might be able to answer some of your questions when it comes down to it for the upgrade. It isn't as easy as they claim, if you have written a lot of custom scripts.
clogan
Of course, I say I am not sure which version you are on, and it is in the subject line.