While I'd like an office engineering response, I figured I'd also check with other folks for empirical data as well.
The iwgroup CLT needs to be run as root (known issues - already posted about)
The iwgroup CLT has an addmembers sub-command
The addmembers sub-command allows for a '-if' flag to specify an XML formatted file that should be used for the input.
I have variants of such an XML file (e.g. groups.DEV, groups.TEST, groups.PROD) so I make a symlink (I'm on Solaris 9) so that /.../groups.xml -> /..../groups.DEV
As myself (without even sudo) I can do read the contents of groups.DEV via the symlink groups.xml.
I then run: sudo iwgroup addmembers -if /..../groups.xml
and it errors out saying that it is unable to open file /.../groups.xml
Can anyone else reproduce this on their system?
Can anyone explain why iwgroup seems unable to read the contents of a file through a symlink?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com