Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
GearUp Lodging
NathansDIS
Are there any janitor's closets available at the Palace for us state employees who can't get more than about 130 a night for lodging in san francisco? Seriously though, is there any other lodging available near the conference that might fit into this price range? Just curious...
-Nathan
Washington DIS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'd suggest checking something like
http://hotels.com
- I just plugged in San Francisco (didn't check near the address) for May 10th through 13th and there appear to be some places going for an average cost of less than $130
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Edited by ghoti on 01/25/05 04:04 PM (server time).
Migrateduser
Interwoven has an alternate hotel - the Argent, 1/2 block away for a negotiated rate of $229/night.
Another alternative is your local travel agent (or favorite web site).
Hth,
lissa
jed
I would not want to stay in most of the SF hotels that only charge $130/night! Other options might be:
* priceline -- I have stayed in the SF hilton downtown for ~$80/night. Check the "bidding for travel" forums for the current going price
* stay on the penninsula (milbrae/daly city/etc) and take caltrain/bart to the conference. I think the bart station is within walking distance to the hotel. Caltrain would require a bus/cab.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineer
Sun Microsystems
NathansDIS
What about the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf? They honor a government rate, but I don't know much about the quailty of the lodgings or the location. 2500 Mason St. Thx for the info folks.
-Nathan
jed
Location is very touristy (which is good for you I guess). You would probably have to cab/bus it to the conference. There also might be a bus. (SF bus system is pretty good.) Never stayed there so I do not know about the hotel quality, but it should be better than a Travelodge in the Tenderloin district
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineer
Sun Microsystems
Migrateduser
As I recall, the trolley isn't that far from the wharf and it seems to take you pretty close to where you need to be for the conference.
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 SP2 on Win2K