Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
What is the point of root-container
System
I was having difficulty getting some FormAPI to work consistently in two templates that I thought were pretty similar. After a little poking around, I discovered that one of the templates was validating against the datacapture5.0.dtd and did not have a root-container element. The other was validating against the datacapture6.0.dtd and did have a root-container. I see that the 6.0 dtd no longer allows items to appear directly within a ruleset but requires a root-container.
The questions this prompts is: what's the point of root-container? My plan is to make all the templates conform to the 6.0 DTD, add a root-container, and make it's name and location both "root". The previous developer used a different value for name and location for each template. That makes it impossible to use one common formapi file. Is there any reason that my plan is unsound? Pages 38-39 of the 6.0 templating dev manual aren't helping me out here.
I don't really see the value of root-container either. Why did they choose to require it rather than just letting a developer put an or container with a min and max of 1 at the root level if they so chose?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Frederik
hehe, sorry to dig up this thread from the grave, but I couldn't really find a solution to this question...
My angle is this... in datacapture6.0.dtd, the root-container is "mandatory". But if I try to rework my teamsite 5.5.2 DCTs (DTD datacapture5.0.dtd) to be compliant to datacapture6.0.dtd, then this root-container will end up adding a root 'item' element to my DCRs. Consequently, existing DCRs can't be read/written with the reworked DCT without first adding the root-container to them in a conversion effort.
OTOH, I've noticed that I can write DCTs that use datacapture6.0.dtd, without actually having any root-container. Still, I can write things like container with min/max attributes and it works.
So... should I just forget the whole root-container thing?
--Fred