Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite backups using Symantec V2i Protector
philipcz
Has anyone in Teamsite land ever use Symantec V2i Protector for server backups?
The Site that I am working for is Moving to Symantec V2i Protector for their primary backup source.
The question form our WEB team and infrastructure team is, "can Symantec V2i Protector cause any issues with Teamsite 5.52, 6.0 or 6.1?"
Respectfully Submitted
Phil Czajkowski
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Doing backups of TS backing stores I've used several different tools that worked. Haven't tried this particular one. But FWIW: it appears the only thing you _have_ to be sure of is that the b/u tool doesn't change the source files, including flipping attribute bits. My experience is predominantly on Unix; but on Windows I'd expect you want to be sure you can prevent the b/u program from flipping the archive bit.