Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
User Multiple Clicks -> Run Job
jbyork
What was the hack to get around the issue where users click "Run Job" multiple times waiting for the workflow New Job screen to disappear? This user actions typically spawns multiple new jobs. Couldn't find the correct discussion thread to find details about different creative ways around this.
I assume there's some simple code which either disables the Run Job button, or something.
Background info:
TS 5.5.2, AIX
Simple wft which initiates a cgitask. Actual cgi file and cgi behavior is determined based on New Job user entry fields.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Maybe this one?
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=35602&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=submitted&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=35536
nipper
I posted this a couple days ago to the thread, Dummy Proof Workflow.
Check there.
Andy
jbyork
Thanks! I missed that thread via DevNet search.
Posted solution (compliments of nipper):
<form method=POST name="iwwft_instantiator" action=/iw-bin/iwwft_instantiator.cgi onsubmit="if(this.submitted) return false; this.submitted = true; return true;">
Follow up question:
Is there a way to grey out the button so it cannot even be clicked a second time? I implemented this code (above), but really didn't see any visible difference, though I assume multiple jobs were not being created. In my situation, my only task is a CGI start task, and it's actually not being created multiple times on each press of the Run Job button (regardless if the user hits it a hundred times)... but I just wanted to show some visible message to the user to "chill out" and wait for TeamSite to slugglishly process their new job request.
Edited by jbyork on 06/22/04 04:38 PM (server time).