Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding new "New File Templates"
bcnichols
Hey,
Does anyone know how I can get more entries in the File Template list that pops up when I click File->New File? In addition to "Plain File" which is already there I need to add "XML File" and associate an editor to it.
Thanks for any insight!
Brian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It sounds like that you are running a pre TS6 version of TeamSite. If so, and if you have a TeamSite Administration Guide for your TeamSite version, search for iwtemplates.cfg. You should be able to find out how to set up new templates. If you don't have the manual, in you iw-home/local/config directory, hopefully you have a iwtemplates.cfg.example file, which will also give you some clues.
However, this feature is discontinued in TeamSite 6. So if you are upgrading soon, don't implement this!
Migrateduser
Also, if you are a customer and you can't find your manuals, you should be able to access all of the manuals (from 5.0.1 onward) on the Support site, under Library > Manuals. I generally prefer the PDF format because I can search through the contents.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Adam Stoller
Note - as Jane200452 pointed out - you are talking about a pre-6.x version of TeamSite. This being the case, be warned that there is no OOTB functionality for these kind of 'templates' in 6.x so if you're planning on upgrading ....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com