Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Invalid session string
Antharix
Hello ,
I have installed Teamsite 6.5 on windows 2000 platform. When i opened the iw-cc the first time , I observed the following message on the login screen "Invalid Session String" . However I was able to login and continue with my tasks. I reset the TeamSite server and invoked the iw-cc again, this time there were no messages.
I am unable to figure out the exact cause for the above scenario. Any information in this regard is highly appreciated.
Ananda
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chuckles
I have seen that error in a different context (starting a workflow in TS 5.5.2), but the resolution may be the same. It was simply a browser configuration issue where the client desktop was not storing the cookies that TeamSite uses to authenticate users. For IE 6.0, you can go into the Tools > Internet Options menu, select the Privacy tab, in the Web Sites box click the Edit... button. Configure any TeamSite servers you have to allways allow cookies. You can also clear your cache and restart your browser after this to be 100% sure. That has worked for any users that I have seen have this issue.
Gregg Faus
What that message really wants to say is "Your Session Has Expired". So it really looks like an error/warning when really it just means your session string is not valid anymore. Which is the expected result if you upgrade or your session string stored in the IW cookie has expired according to what's set in your iw.cfg.
Migrateduser
Are you using SSL? https?
We had the same problem too. The certificate was expired and thus we had the "Session expired" problem. Renewing the cerfiticate or remove SSL will solve the problem.
Cavin