Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Command in inline VF (5.5)
cvel2
Hi all -
I've come across a problem today that I am wondering if any one else has encountered or found a work-around for. Note: I'm on TS 5.5.
I'm trying to create a custom command for an inline Visual Format which is not working. In doing investigation, I determined that the problem is that ewebeditproevents.js calls a function named 'eWebEditProExecCommandHandlers'. Unfortunately, this function lives in two places: ewebeditproeventsiw.js AND datacapture_editor_events.js. It seems that TeamSite chooses one of those functions to call. So, if I have the custom code in the ewebeditproeventsiw.js function, it will never be called because the datacapture_editor_events.js function is being called.
Has anyone seen this before? Why are there two files with the same function?
An interesting note is that, in the past, we have accomplished what I am trying to do by calling the VFE differently. Instead of making it an inline, we use a cgi-callout to launch an .ipl that then opens the VFE. I think this got around the issue because the datacapture_editor_events.js file was not referenced.
Any help would be much appreciated as we would like to get away from using the cgi-callout for VFEs.
Thanks!
Christina
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
I'm not completely sure what you are doing here, maybe I just havent understood what you are describing.
Are you saying that you are using a file
other than
ewebeditproevents.js
I don't think there are any other files that should be changed when adding custom handlers, besides the main config file, the locale file and ewebeditproevents.js
your handlers should be in ewebeditproevents.js
John Cuiuli
ela
Hi Christina,
I cant't give you the answer to why adding functions to ewebeditproeventsiw.js doesn't work, only that I had problems with it myself, and had to use the ewebeditproevents.js instead. See these two threads for details:
add vf menu for user to create dropdown list
Visual format custom command
Have a nice day,
Eldbjoerg
(TS 5.5.2, Sun Solaris)