Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Connect to Database
cvel2
Hi -
I'm not the most skilled DB person, nor am I the most skilled Perl person, so this question might be really easy. I have a DB Server and a DB Name, but no DSN and I want to connect using DBI. All I've found about dbi->connect is this: $dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $password)
or die $DBI::errstr;
Can I connect somehow using the Server and Name?
Christina
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rob1234
You certainly can when connecting to MS Sql server from a windows machine, and probably also for a lot of other database servers. You may wan't to re-ask (or search for) your request on perl.dbi group saying what you're running and what DB you're trying to connect to. You should get a quicker response there too.
Cheers,
Rob
Migrateduser
What database are you using? What OS is your TS box?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K