Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content Center Standard Workarea context
Johnny
Many of the default portlets have a workarea dropdown context field which reloads the page for that portlets info.
Is this dropdown logic available in some sort of widget for us to use in custom portlets?
On this note
My experience has been so far that it may make more sense to have a workarea context for all portlets rather than individual ones. In other words there could be a session/response variable containing the current context which was selected from say another "context type" portlet... or whatever.
We've seen that our users normally action one task at a time, rather than selecting a form from one workarea, while ediingt their WIP from another workarea, while searching in yet another.
John Cuiuli
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
g'day John,
from what I saw with CC STD, there is no context of workareas whatsoever, otherwise worflows would be able to capture it.. However, as it is often with IWOV, I cannot say 100%
cheers
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
listPictures.zip
Johnny
Thanks for the input Greg, this bit I know.
I guess there were two points in my post.
1) hopefully from an IWOV person: are we able access the workarea dropdown widget that is seen in a number of portlets to provide portlet workarea context.
2) hopefully a discussion from all including IWOV staff: would it be plausible and valuable to have the whole portal work with a workarea context available to all portlets.
I'm starting to wonder if a standard context portlet could provide a session/response variable for the context that all other portlets could see.
John Cuiuli
JanPeterMeyer
Hi John,
do you have found a solution?
I have the same problem yet
Best regards
Jan-Peter
http://www.compactnet.de