Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
setting Content Center app -> file extensions
NathansDIS
Hello All-
We have a customer who wants to know if we can set (at the server side) the mapping of which application to open a file with for editing. I know it is possible to set these mappings individually at the workstation level, but are there server-side configuration options? Can these server side options be set according to branch?
BTW, we are using TeamSite 6.1 on Windows 2000. Any and all comments and suggestions are much appreciated.
Regards,
nathan
Washington State DIS
~~~
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Are you talking about configuring launch pad (or whatever they call it in 6.x) ?
I haven't come across any server settings for it.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
nathan,
The file associations for the Local File Manager (aka LaunchPad) are
set on the client side. Like Windows, the association is determined
based on the file extension, not the path. Although, you could write a
wrapper script, I suppose - but you've still got to install/configure it
on each client.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
NathansDIS
Thanks for the info, I figured as much. Just to placate a customer I said I would ask the experts...
-Nathan
Washington State DIS