I will explain this all in more detail later if necessary, but I want to try to get out of here right now, so I'll be short. I have a utilities module. If I
use it in a presentation template, I can no longer preview that template from the GUI. If I do I get:
Preview And Generate Preview And Generate:
The following error occured while creating file Y:\default\main\Intranet\TSG\WORKAREA\content\templatedata\zz_tst_E057104_0_manifest:
Broken pipe
The file was not generated.
and a hung iwpt_compile.ipl process on the server. If I take the command line for the process (retrieved via process explorer) and run it at the command line, I get valid output, but some warnings. I tracked the warnings down to the inclusion of TeamSite::XMLParser and TeamSite::XMLNode in the module itself (some of the functions in the module can do user lookups against either an xml mapping file or against AD). I removed the
uses for those and it works fine in the context of a PT now. This is a major pain, because it means I have to maintain separate versions of a 99% identical module just to handle whether its called from a PT or from some other context.
This also doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, given that:
A)the perl interpreter is supposed to check %INC before importing any module, to make sure it hasn't already done so, and
B)the encountering of warnings during the compile phase shouldn't cause iwpt_compile.ipl to hang anyway (and doesn't, except when its being run by the preview or generate cgis).
Anyone (especially someone from engineering) have any helpful thoughts here?