Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS crashing with iwserver.aix5 hogging 85% CPU
Monil
Hi,
We are facing a problem with Teamsite 6.0 on AIX 5.2 ML2. The iwserver.aix5 process is consuming 85% CPU resulting in the TS GUI not coming up. Restarting TS or rebooting the server has the same effect. We migrated from 5.5.2 to 6.0 in Oct 04. Since then we were unable to write to folders on the TS filesystem /iwmnt through the file system interface. Now the filesystems are mounting properly but when we edit any file the timestamp remains unchanged. Creating a new file using vi puts a timestamp of Jul 26 1978 on the file. Timestamps in iwtrace.log are also corrupted. IW is suggesting to reinstall TS 6.0 but that would be a big effort. If anyone has faced similar problems or have any clues on this, would appreciate your help.
Regards,
Monil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
martymaar
Hi, I have the date problem as well this time for TeamSite 6.1. I had that problem for 6.0 as well. I have tried installing on a complete different machine but with no luck. For TS 6.0 it was running normally though....except for the crazy dates. I will contact support on this one.
br
Marty
drew1
With respect to the date problem, what release and maintenance level of AIX are you running?
regards,
Andrew
Migrateduser
Seriously, judging from the lack of response on this issue, it seems that others aren't familiar with this problem. You may want to call support on this one. I know that IW supports AIX implementations, as I've worked for IBM a few times (on the AIX platform, of course) and believe me, we've solicited their help!
Dave
P.S. If / when you do find a fix for this problem, please post the solution!
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
Migrateduser
Please provide the full AIX revision level (including patches). I have someone who will look at this if you can provide this data.
thanks.
lissa
howie
We tried to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 on AIX and are having the exact same issue. Did anyone get a resolution to this? IW support does not have any solutions as of yet.
I am surprised they did not mention that this is a known issue.
-Howie