Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
metadata form - repopulating select boxes
obradoa
If I have 2 select boxes on a Metadata form, can I dynamically populate 2nd select-box based on what user selected in the 1st select box?
I understand that FormAPI does not work within metadata form. If I need to create some dynamic choices on my metadata form, how can I do that?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite?
If you're using 5.x without MetaTagger - you can do so only via a callout button running a CGI with javascript to parse through the form and find the fields and retrieve/set their values.
If you're using MetaTagger or 6.x it's really painful to find the fields because the only field name you are provided is the one associated with the callout button all the other fields have names like 'prop13232'.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
obradoa
I am using TS 6.1. So what would be then an alternative to this? I am thinking about creating a new DCT form to capture metadata, and use it within a workflow. I would have a workflow parse the the resulting DCR and set Extended Attributes for submitted files using command line. Thoughts?
Adam Stoller
You might want to look at
this post
first - it includes the FR # associated with trying to get this fixed and you should probably add your organization to it.
Other than that - yeah, I thought about using a regular DCT form for capturing metadata and then having some automated procedure for transferring the values as EA's to another DCR - but I consider that too much of an ugly hack solution to be worthwhile spending the time to develop it. I'd rather wait and hope they fix the MDC UI - either in terms of adding FormAPI or in providing better information via form data to the cgi-callout process (or both!).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com