Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Future Browser support
System
Does TeamSite 5.5.2, 6.1, and other associated Interwoven products support other browsers such as Firefox, Mozilla, and Opera?
Are there plans to allow us to select which browser to use instead of MS-IE only?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I can tell you right away about Opera:
no
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
B80116
I don't know if Mozilla is officially supported, but Interwoven Tech Support seems to expect that TeamSite 6.1 will work in Mozilla. When I contacted them a while back with a workflow problem, they had me install Mozilla and process the workflow in that browser to make sure it wasn't an IE problem.
smenon
TeamSite 6.1 officially supports IE 5.5 and IE 6.0 for Windows and Mozilla 1.5 for Solaris and Mac.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Adam Stoller
While TeamSite 6.1 works with Firefox / Mozilla on both Windows and Mac's - Ektron's VFE will *only* work in IE and only on Windows.
Ektron either needs to provide a more versatile editor or Interwoven needs to find a replacement for Ektron's eWebEditPro...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
tonyarnold
Completely agree. Has anyone had a look at
TinyMCE
in place of VF....
gzevin
I've just posted in another thread..
http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm
is also a candidate
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
just an update.. I have tried it on both platforms .. very good. will try to productize it.....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
TOC_report.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Just a friendly reminder that if your company needs a specific browser you should be sure to register your interest by filing an enhancement request through support, specifying the product you want it for. This is the best way to track demand.
Regards
lissa
gzevin
Lissa, IWOV knows it already that it lacks the VF functionality on the Macs. Does it make sense repeating it over and over for so many years?
.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Greg:
Yes, IWOV knows we lack tihs functionality. What we don't have (or we didn't a year or so ago when I was more involved with this aspect of product planning) is a customer needs assessment.
If 200 customers need something it will get a different priority than if 2 customers need something, generally.
hth,
lissa
gzevin
This sounds surprising, as even when I was with IWOV 5 years ago, we heard this from virtually any client, especially universities, etc.
Anyway, I myself implemented that Mac-capable editor just moments ago....Need some finishing touches.
gfaus could shed some light too...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU