Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Duplicate "names" in templatedata
ReggieRWalker
Env: TS 6.1/sp1, Win2K
Within the templatedata directory, I have sub directories (i.e. templatedata/personal/category/data/checking) but I am unable to create a sub directory that could have the same name as an existing file (i.e. DCR Name - templatedata/personal/category/data/checking; SUB DIR- templatedata/personal/category/data/checking). When I try it manually, I get the error "A file or folder checking already exists."
Aside from the obvious reasons, I could understand TS having an issue if a directory of that name already exists. Is it a bug that I can create a directory though? There is an obvious difference between a file and a directory.
Thoughts and/or suggestions welcome.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Any given directory, on any existing OS, cannot have a file *and* a directory with the same name in it.
Unix will allow you to use upper/lower case letters to differentiate such entries (e.g. "subdir", "Subdir", SubDir", "SUBDIR") because it is case-sensitive.
Windows will not allow that because it is case-insensitive
Given all of the above - I don't understand your question (nor why you have an extra directory level between templatedata and category)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ReggieRWalker
That's amazing! Without understanding it, you answer it! Thanks.
We have subdirectories here just for more organization. It's no biggie, I can keep everything at the same level.
Thanks
Multiselect.rptdesign