Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.5 Copy To - between backingstores
markg
Is it possible to modify "Copy To" to allow copies between backingstores? We are using TS6.5 on Solaris 9.
i.e. (example is from html after clicking "Copy To")
Allow the ceiling variable below to be moved up and therefore allow selection of a directory in another backingstore?
iw.ccpro.area_browse_single?ceiling=//servername/backingstore1
changed to..
iw.ccpro.area_browse_single?ceiling=//servername/
Thoughts?
I ask before I write a GUI interface for a custom command line tool we currently use to copy between backingstores.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
markg
Can anyone comment on the above question? Also, does anyone know why you cannot use "Copy To" between backingstores by default?
jed
For the most part, there is no "supported" way to modify any of the standard menu items. I have seen people use some of the interwoven supplied code as a base for custom code, but this can be a dangerous route to go down if iwov decides to change internal APIs.
Copy to area only works within the same backingstore. If you are going to create a custom copy to area, you might able to use a combination of opendeploy with a metadata and file deployment.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineer
Sun Microsystems
markg
Thank you for your reply. We actually have had a custom "Copy To" command line tool for some time now (between backingstores). The goal now is to integrate that into the GUI. I would have liked to use Interwoven's file chooser, but will now just code my own GUI for the script. Thanks again for your input.
gzevin
as far as I understand, a backing store is a different server instance running.. and, since thebacking architecture has not changed much since 5.5.2, I can't see anything that would make it possible via a native API
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU