Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Date-mm/dd/yy
pammi
Hi,
I am using TeamSite5.5.2 and Datadeploy5.6.
I am sending date from template to datadeploy in MM/DD/YY format.
If i am sending 01/01/04 it is savinng as 01/01/2004
if i sent 01/01/25 it is saving it as 01/01/1925.
If i gave year >=25 it is adding by default 19th century before it.If i update using SQL in TOAD it is working fine. It has problem when i am using datadeploy.
Thanx in advance
Here i am giving my datadeploy config for that table.
<group name="contents" table="CONTENTS" root-group="yes">
<attrmap>
<column name="CONTENT_ID" data-type="NUMBER" value-from-field="Content_Id" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="BUSINNESS_UNIT" data-type="VARCHAR(10)" value-from-field="Business_Unit" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="CONTENT_CATEGORY_ID" data-type="NUMBER" value="9" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="TITLE" data-type="VARCHAR(100)" value-from-field="Title" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="DESCRIPTION" data-type="VARCHAR(500)" value-from-field="Summary" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="DCR_PATH" data-type="VARCHAR(300)" value="$myarea" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="DCR_NAME" data-type="VARCHAR(50)" value="$myfilelist" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="SITE_ID" data-type="NUMBER" value="20" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="OWNER_SITE_ID" data-type="NUMBER" value="20" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="PUBLISH_DATE" data-type="DATE" data-format="MM/dd/yy" value-from-field="Publish_Date" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="EXPIRE_DATE" data-type="DATE" data-format="MM/dd/yy" value-from-field="Expiration_Date" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="DEALER_AUTH_TYPE" data-type="VARCHAR(2)" value-from-field="CustomerAgreement/0/CustomerAgreement" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="AUTHOR" data-type="VARCHAR(50)" value-from-field="Author" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="ACTIVE" data-type="VARCHAR2(1)" value="A" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="APPROVE_STATUS" data-type="VARCHAR2(1)" value="N" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="CREATED_DATE" data-type="DATE" data-format="MM/dd/yy" value-from-field="Created_Date" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="CREATED_USER_ID" data-type="VARCHAR(20)" value-from-field="Created_Userid" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="LAST_MODIFIED_DATE" data-type="DATE" data-format="MM/dd/yy" value-from-field="Lastmodified_Date" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="LAST_MODIFIED_USER_ID" data-type="VARCHAR(20)" value-from-field="Lastmodified_Userid" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="IS_ALL_PROFILE_GROUPS" data-type="VARCHAR2(1)" value="N" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="IS_ALL_MODELS" data-type="VARCHAR2(1)" value-from-field="Allproductmodelsvalue" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="IS_ALL_CUSTOMERS" data-type="VARCHAR2(1)" value-from-field="Allcustomersvalue" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="CONTENT_ID"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
</group>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
clogan
I would recommend using data-type="MM/dd/yyyy" in your DataDeploy config file. If you need to have MM/dd/yy in your template, you can use a Tuple Processor to add 20 before the yy.
pammi
Thanx for your quick reply.I will update my config fie format.
I am wondering can't we use config in t that why ?
or It is datadeploy issue
Thanx once again for your reply
Dwayne
You aren't providing enough information, so the tool has to "guess." After all, in many (most?) cases, I would say that interpreting, e.g., 1/1/50 as Jan 1, 1950 is the correct behavior, since most business logic has to deal with dates much further into the past than it does into the future. Using 25 as the cut-off seems a
little
extreme to me, but nobody would be happy with any single cutoff point.
Remeber Y2K? How the world was going to end because computers were going to crash? Just use four digit dates and don't make the computer guess.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
pammi
Thanx for your reply.
I will agree with your point . I am sending only two digits .
when i sent 01 -24 by default it is adding 20 infront of it.
When i have >= 25 it is not where oracle it is ok if i use sql update.
That is the reason with curious i am asking this question.
Thanx once again