Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD/DD 6.0 - owner column in Admin gui is root
clogan
I have OD/DD 6.0 on Solaris 9. When I call OpenDeploy from the command line, the owner column in the View Deployments window of the OpenDeploy Admin GUI is the user that I was logged in as when I ran it. If I use the same command, but with a DataDeploy configuration file, the owner of the deployment is displayed as root.
Has anyone else seen this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
clogan
It looks like it is the difference between using <odhome>/bin/iwodcmd start and <odhome>/bin/iwodstart.
<odhome>/bin/iwodcmd start - runs the command with an owner of root
<odhome>/bin/iwodstart - runs the command with an owner of the user I am logged in as
Migrateduser
Yes, this is a bug. Filed as #56632.
Please open a case with Tech Support and ask them to attach it to this bug. Thanks.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
If one may ask - which way is the bug suggesting that things should be fixed?
I assume that iwodstart should be running as the user not root - but I figured it was worth double checking.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
clogan
I think it would be horrible if future fix to the bug was to have iwodstart run as root. I think it is beneficial to see the user who called OpenDeploy in the admin GUI.
You really think Interwoven would mess something up like that?
-Craig
Adam Stoller
No - I don't *think* they would - but I figured I'd ask since it wasn't clear from the posting *which* was being filed as a bug.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
The bug applies to iwodcmd. So, the user who invoked the CLT should be the one that gets credit for having started the deployment.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
Thanks for the confirmation.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com