Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Permissions Issues
Lynchy
I am setting up 2 branches in Teamsite 6.5. One with one workarea and one with approx 12 workareas. I want to keep users from each branch from entering the others branch so I have turned on branch security and created 2 windows groups one for each branch and assigned them as the group for sharing. In the branch where we will have 12 workareas. we want all users to be able to view anything from another users workarea but not be able to edit it. The only way I have been able to figure to do this is to create a Workarea named user1 assign user1 as the owne, assign the same group from the branch as the group for sharing and then editing the Windows permissions to read only for that group. That gives the entire group read access but only the owner full edit access.. I just wanted to run this past you guys to see if there is an easier way to accomplish this rather than have to edit Windows ACLs for each Workarea I create in this branch. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide......
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
13adam13
You should not need to use the group for sharing to allow users to read the workarea.
As long as you do not have
workarea_security=on
, or more appropriately, as long as you have
workarea_security=
off
, the users should be able to see the contents of the workareas, but will be unable to edit them.
--Adam Wilson
Senior Programmer
Lynchy
See I thought the same thing, but if I create a Workarea in this branch and set the owner as the user for that Workarea the permissions applied are that owner and the TeamSite Web Preview group... Even with Workarea_Security set to off when I login and go to the Workarea folder in that branch all other branches are greyed out and not available.