Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Pre-populating Chacing server
Ben_inform
Hi,
Has anyone ever developed a system for pre-populating a worksite caching server ?
I need to do it for a centralized site where post conversion I need to pre-populate the caching servers with docs that used to be decentral pre-migration. This ensures that users would instantly gain the benefits of the caching server at go-live.
I have the Caching API but no examples of its use in my context.
insights would be appeciated.
Ben.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Marco_at_NL
Can't you just fetch the documents using the normal Worksite/Filesite COM Api? After that they will be cached by the Cache server and instantly available for next fetches (if not changed at the central site of course :-) )
Marco
Ben_inform
Yeah I can and have - the question was more around are there any guidelines of this kind of prepopulation / management of the cache. The site has 8,000,000 docs nationally in 6 cities so I need to consider the implementation beyond the "objCacheDoc.AddToCache()" API.
I should have been clearer in my question
Also does anyone know what happens if a user checks out a doc in a cached site and then checks in the doc - when does the doc appear to be checked in to the person checking it in connected to the cache server
WHat I am getting at is does the client have to wait untill the document is confirmed at the central file store before it is flagged as checked in in the DB?
I assume so otherwise users remote to the doc editor may see the doc available before the doc has come back to the central store.
If the file is say 50 megs then there is a window of time where the checked-in file exists in the cache but not yet centrally. During that window is the doc flagged as checked out ?
Ben.