Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS preview using nav file in another branch
Kim
Using: TeamSite 6.1 on Windows 2000 server; using CC Standard and Professional.
I have individual branches for my main site and the sub-sites; they all share a common top level navigation bar that's generated in the main site branch. As a regular HTML coded website, I use the include reference below from my sub-site (/epwebservices) to get the main site's navigation (/globalepis/shared/):
<!-- #Include File="../globalepis/shared/topnav.inc" -->
I am trying to virtualize this same setup within the TPL for the main page of the sub-site but I keep getting the topnav.inc in my sub-site and not the topnav.inc of my main site. Below are code snippets that may help. What am I missing in the remap code?
iw.cfg
[iwproxy_plugin_remap]
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/Intranet/EPWebServices/WORKAREA/EPWebServices_workarea/shared/(.*)=/iw-mount/default/main/Intranet/GlobalEPIS/WORKAREA/GlobalEPIS_workarea/shared/$1
*.tpl
<!-- #Include File="shared/topnav.inc" -->
Also, when I used the include reference I used on the HTML coded site in my .tpl and previewed my file after generation, I get an Internal Server Error using the same remap code. What code do I need to use for the include file reference to work both within TeamSite (preview) and on the web server when it's deployed?
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bboyle
We had to use mod_rewrite to get this working (using Apache as the customer webserver). This is in TS552 but I don't know if it's changed at all in TS6?
Because SSIs are processed internally by the webserver they bypass the TeamSite proxy. At least, that's my limited understanding of it. I think I remember reading this was an issue specifically regarding TeamSite-Apache integrations and other webservers can use the plugin remapping specified in iw.cfg. I've no experience beyond our own implementation to comment on that.
More info in KB 48877 (that's where I found out about it).
We had the same issue with our customised error documents (e.g. File not found), for the same reasons - processed internally by webserver. Same solution resolved the problem