Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Image Upload with VFE and FormsPublisher
System
Hi All -
In preparation for upgrading from TS 5.5.2 to TS 6.1, I've been converting the few templates I have into the newer Forms Publisher version of templating.
While working on one of the templates, I thought "hmm. I think I've heard that image upload was going to be easier in Forms Publisher". So I started looking into it. It seems that, after much looking, that there aren't any new capabilities and, even more interesting, the portions of the documentation that pertain to setting up image upload seem to have be taken out of the VisualFormat Developer's Guide Release 6.x.
So, here are some questions to ponder:
- were there any improvements for image upload in the VFE with the TS 6.x release? If so, was there documentation to go with them?
- the 5.5.2 version had a short, rather unsatisfying section on setting up the ftp version of upload. Has anyone done this successfully and, if so, do you have any advice to give as to implementing it? Most all of the threads I've seen in Devnet have been about custom solutions.
Thanks much,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Right. There weren't any changes in how VFE can handle image uploads better. Custom approaches are still the only way to go about it.
If you want to go in that direction let me know. I'd be glad to give you some insight.