Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
admin branch
artor
Hi All,
I have two question
1. I am setting up the admin branch in teamsite and I have some files in TS server which are owned by iwui user default but once I login in TS GUI and make the changes let suppose author.uid file and deploy to TS location then it overwrite my teasmside user over iwui so my question is there any effect in order to overwrite because it seems work fine but I wanna make sure is there any side effect of it.
2.Is there any multi-store licence involve in order to create more than one store on single TS server?
Environment TS 6.1 Solaris 5.8
I would really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Artor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
1. No problem with that, but you really should back up your crucial files (like author.uid, for instance) before overwriting. Otherwise, no ill effects.
2. Yes, you do need a multi-store license to have more than one backing store on a single TS server.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
artor
Thanks Dave to quick answer and for overwrite it overwrite the file owner so in this case it would work fine.
Adam Stoller
Caveat: There are certain files on the system which are setuid and need to remain owned by root - so you need to be very careful if you are overwriting any of those files.
Off the top of my head, however, I can't think of any reason why you should need to be versioning/modifying those files - so it probably isn't a major concern.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
crosstabscript.rptdesign
artor
ghoti
As for Interwoven best practice It is advised that to have config files keeps in admin branch for versioning as you said and it makes easy for user(admin or master) to go teamsite and make changes in the file and file would be submitted by Workflow and . so these are the reason I am making the admin branch which you already know but also more concern of its side effect as you said there are some files which need to remain uid root.
Following are the files that i want to keep in my admin branch for eg.
iw.cfg, roles file <roles.>.uid, available_template.cfg,templating.cfg,deploy.cfg,nodes.xml.odbase.xml,odrcvr.xml etc....... if there is any impact of ownership on these file please let me know.
Regards,
A
Joshua
On each of the builds where we have employed an admin branch we have all of the files you mentioned checked in. As a standard, the one thing that seems to work great is to employ a read permission to root / other.
Adam Stoller
None of the files you mentioned require special ownership or mode bit settings - as I said the caveat was more theoretical than practical because the files that *do* require special ownership or mode bit settings generally shouldn't be modified / versioned in-house.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com