Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Email: "Wide char. in syswrite" - what is this?
johnrc
The following entry was in our iwsend_Mail.log file:
"Failure to send Email: Wide character in syswrite at d:/iw-home/TeamSite/iw-perl/lib/Net/Cmd.pm line 430."
What does this mean and what might be causing it? We use CCPRO 6.1.0 Service Pack 1 for Windows for our workflows.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you know what script you're using to send the email?
email_to.ipl
iwsend_mail.ipl
iwsend_owner_mail.ipl
iwsend_servlet_mail.ipl
iw_solution_email.ipl
a custom script at your site
That might help narrow the field for debugging. I don't think any of the product deliverables use Net::Cmd (or at least I don't see any references to such within the code on my Solaris 61SP1 server) which would mean the problem is either coming from a module included by one of those scripts *or* you're using a custom script and it it would make the process of debugging much more difficult for us - since we don't have your script.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
TCavanaugh
We ran into something like this once, I believe it was tracked down to a certain character (fancy quote char?) that was being pasted into a comment field on a workflow from ms-word.
johnrc
Thanks all. We are using an untouched version of: iwsend_mail.ipl on Windows 2000 Svrs.
Adam Stoller
Net::Cmd does not appear to be included directly by iwsend_mail.ipl nor by any of the Mail:: modules, nor by any of the TeamSite:: modules - so I'm not sure where this is getting picked up in your process (it's possible it's used by a module that's used by another module, etc.)
Perhaps you can run iwsend_mail.ipl with the appropriate arguments, in the perl debugger and see if you can track down what's happening that way.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
Hmm - I am now seeing something very similar with respect to a "fancy" or "smart" apostrophe (as opposed to a single-quote) character in a PT that I'm trying to debug (more on this in another forum).
I have to agree with TCavanaugh here - chances are there's an encoding issue with some character that was probably copied/pasted in from from Word or similar Windows editor
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com