Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
move 6.5 Event Subsystem DB
kajjubee
Hi
I have upgraded to TS 6.5 from TS 6.1 and at that time I had used default for the event subsystem. Now I would like to change it to use oracle DB. IS there any article or steps to change it over...
Platform: Solaris 9
Thanks
K
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AllYourBase
I am in the process of doing this. If I achieve success, I'll let you know what we did.
Mike
Ottawa_IWOV
We also are investigating this element of the IWOV 6.5 install. Is there anyway to move the openjms.DB to another partition on the TeamSite server. We don't like the fact it is taking up 8.5 GB of space in the TeanSite install directory ...
yanSi
On page 33 of the TS Administration Guide, you'll find a section on the event subsytem.
shanon
Hi,
This is done in three steps:
1. Prep your DB.
2. Change the jmsconfig.xml file to point to your DB.
3. Add classes12.zip to the classpath.
-- Prep your DB --
Look in the IWHOME/eventsubsystem/conf/ddl directory. There should be a create_oracle.sql file in there ( or something close to that filename ). Log into sqlplus and run that file with the '@' syntax:
@<
;IWHOME>/eventsubsystem/conf/ddl/create_oracle.sql
Commit your changes and log out.
-- Change jmsconfignew.xml ---
The jmsconfignew.xml file is the cfg file used when the daemon starts ( at least on windows but probably the same on solaris ).
Look in the IW-HOME/eventsubsystem/conf directory and open jmsconfignew.xml.
Look for the DatabaseConfiguration section, comment it out, and replace it with the following ( obviously swap out the driver and login info for your environment ).
<DatabaseConfiguration>
<RdbmsDatabaseConfiguration
driver="_JDBC_DRIVER_"
url="_JDBC_URL_"
user="_DB_USER_"
password="_DB_PASSWD_"
maxActive="10"
maxIdle="5"
minIdleTime="1800"
evictionInterval="3600" />
</DatabaseConfiguration>
-- Add classes12.zip to classpath --
Copy oracle's classes12.zip to <iwhome>/eventsubsystem/lib.
Edit <iwhome>/eventsubsystem/conf/eventsubsystem.properties and add the jar to the jdbc_classpath key.
Now stop and start the daemon/service and you should be good to go. You can verify by checking the logs ( iwhome/local/logs/eventsubd.log ).
HTH,
Shanon
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
AllYourBase
That sounds like what I did except this is my DB configuration snippet:
<RdbmsDatabaseConfiguration
driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
url=" jdbc
racle:thin:
@_HOST_lithiumPORT_lithiumSID_"
user="eventsubsys"
password="event"
retries="5"
timeout="2000"/>
Where did you get the attributes maxActive, maxIdle, minIdleTime and evictionInterval?
Also, interested parties should note that although the documentation says userName in some places the real attribute is, as Shanon has stated, user.
shanon
Well, the eventsubsystem is just the open-source product openjms by exolab. It's just packaged a little bit differently by IWOV. The complete docs are available on sourceforge, specifically the JDBC stuff is here:
http://openjms.sourceforge.net/config/jdbc.html
*** I forgot in my first post to talk about classes12.zip -- this jar must be in the classpath for the oracle configuration to work... I just edited the original and added the classes12.zip stuff, so check back up there if you need the specifics. ***
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
AllYourBase
Thanks for the info. Very interesting.
reddyl
Hi Shanon,
I have the same issue, what changes should be done to jmsconfig.xml to point to you DB. I have done all the changes but I think eventsubsystem is still using the flat file database. How I verify if eventsubsystem is configured to the database.
Thanks
reddy
kajjubee
Thanks Shanon,
I configured them according to your post. I don't see any error in the iweventsubd.log anymore. Now how do I verify that its indeed writing to the database. Any particular queries I can run on the DB to prove that something is being written there?
Reddy,
Shannon was referring to jmsconfignew.xml and not jmsconfig.xml. So you have done everything so far correctly.
The document doesn't mention the 3rd step -- adding the JDBC driver to the classpath. Thanks Shannon for pointing that out.
Regards
K
shanon
well, you can run this:
select * from system_data
check the creationdate column ... should be recent.
also, you can set your log level ( in log4j.xml ) to debug and if you don't see any error messages you can pretty much assume it's working.
hth,
shanon
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
Migrateduser
i made all these changes but am still getting the below error in my iweventproxy.log log
2005-06-21 12:47:02,097 [MultiplexConnection-ISNWSPWEBDEV3.federatedinv.com:1769] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Error detected on IWOV JMS connection.
2005-06-21 12:47:02,097 [MultiplexConnection-ISNWSPWEBDEV3.federatedinv.com:1769] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Msg: Connection to server terminated
2005-06-21 12:47:02,097 [MultiplexConnection-ISNWSPWEBDEV3.federatedinv.com:1769] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - An error occured while stopping the IWOV JMS Connection.
2005-06-21 12:47:02,097 [MultiplexConnection-ISNWSPWEBDEV3.federatedinv.com:1769] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Msg: Cannot perform operation - session has been closed
2005-06-21 12:47:02,128 [JMSBridge] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - An error occured while stopping the IWOV JMS Connection.
2005-06-21 12:47:02,128 [JMSBridge] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Msg: Cannot perform operation - session has been closed
any tips would be appreciated.
-------------------
World of Warcraft
— Illidan/Horde
DJL
Hi ! What is the name of the jar file we are to use for jdbc_classpath in eventsubsystem_properties ?
Trying to configure Oracle DB. Thanks.