Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
EPS ClipPath And Preview
siva2_2000
Friends,
I have the Task called "ApplyClipPathEPS2JPEG.tsk" and corresponding XML.
Need to preview the asset using above task, that is preview the EPS asset by clipping path.
I can’t use GetPreview($assetID, $revisionNumber, $layerNumber, $previewType) method, because it does not have “taskID” as a parameter.
How can I do this? Is there any other way for doing?.
Thanks in advance
shiv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Well, if you have a task that produces the file you want, you will have to run the task to see the result...
Previews are the internal MediaBin previews that are generated when you insert an asset in the system.
I don't think that you can configure how the internal image previews are produced.
You can only configure how the VIDEO previews are produced (Enterprise Manager, "Asset Processing" tag under "System").
Folco Banfi
lyman
Greetings. Previews in MediaBin will reflect any task applied during insertion. These changes only affect the preview (typically people use a watermarking primitive) and not the appearance of the asset once you try to retrieve it.
If you are really careful, you can adjust the preview generating task for all incoming assets but this is best left for those who are not faint of heart because in that case you will be affecting every file coming into MediaBin and have to anticipate every kind of file you would ever want to insert. Using an insertion task is far preferable because you can decide to use it on an asset by asset basis.
Currently the previews (all of them) will reflect the insertion tasked used. There is no single command that will say:"give me the preview as it would appear if I applied this task". On the other hand, previews are simply JPEG's and we produce them using the same primitives available to anyone (we do not extract thumbnail resources even if the assets have them because they may be not the correct size of inaccurate). Therefore, you can also write a retrieval task whose output is a JPEG of the desired resolution (whish is all the preview image is anyway).
Hope this help!
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Well, I stand corrected...
We did little experimenting with insertion tasks and I must admit that this particular functionality was never caught by my radar...
Sorry for being misleading!
Folco Banfi
siva2_2000
Hi,
Thanks for the information.
Need a help in creating insertion task (decoder). It should Clip EPS path and insert.
How to do? Should I use “XML decoder”?.
Thanks in advance
shiv
lyman
I am sorry, I should have paid more attention to the task! The AGS Encoder that allows scripting of AGS unfortunately can only be used in a retrieval or short circuit task (for internal deep historical architectural reasons that are too complicated to go into). Unfortunately, aside from somewhat elaborate scripting (such as a custom script or chained hot folders), I do not have a terrific alternative to suggest.
If there is a way to effect the same results without using the clipping path by means of image "adjustments" (based on pixel data) there may be some way to chain the Layer Replacer and the Adjustment Primitives in an interesting way. I will think some more but am somewhat stymied.
Sorry about that!
Lyman Hurd
MB Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.