Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
problem with root group row in DB and iwdeltracker emtpy
clogan
I remember back when we were using DataDeploy 5.2.0 that there was this problem where if you were deploying a DCR to a table and the root group record was already there, but the iwdeltracker didn't contain a matching record to your DCR, the deployment failed. What was happening is that DD would think that this was a new record and try to insert the root record in the DB causing a primary key violation exception. To fix this problem, I wrote some code that I put in every Tuple processor that would automatically insert a record into the iwdeltracker table. Even if there wasn't a record in the root table, this workaround would work.
Did anyone ever have this bug? Over the patches and upgrades I think this situation seems to have disappeared. I am hoping it was fixed somewhere instead of me just not remembering how to exactly duplicate the problem.
I am currently upgrading from DD 5.2.1 to OD/DD 6.0 and I don't see the problem on either versions.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet