Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem in viewing the DCR
cheeku
The content of the DCR is in German language(and other languages Chinese etc.). When I open this DCR , deformed characters appear. Also, this problem occurs on few machines and not the others. I have installed all the fonts on these machines but still it is giving problems.What could be the reason behinf this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If it doesn't happen on all machines - then it's probably client-machine / client-browser specific.
Things like locale settings on the OS and encoding settings on the browser come to mind.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cheeku
Following is the actual pattern:
If the I view the DCR , then it runs fine i.e. the characters are normal. But when I edit the DCR, they appear malformed.In the DCR I get the data by running the perl script.
I guessed two reasons for this: browser setting or perl is not able handle these characters. Can there be any encoding issues? I have already downloaded all the fonts etc on the machine.
cheeku
It is not encoding type related issue. Problem in coming when we are getting some data from perl and then displaying in DCR.
Thhis problem is in some machines. This appears fine in some machines
Adam Stoller
What do you mean 'data from a perl script'? Do you mean an inline script that is sending data to the DCR within substitution tags? If so - there could still be encoding issues as the XML the inline script spits out will probably need to have the correct encoding in the XML header.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cheeku
One perl script is called by callserver in formAPI. Return of this perl is populated in DCR. This field is giving encoding issues .
I have put correct encoding type in xmls.
Adam Stoller
Well, I'll go back to my previous statement - given that it doesn't happen on all client machines, the problem is probably local to the client machines and/or the browsers being used and not to the actual scripts, DCTs, formapi code.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cheeku
It is still recurring. Could you tell me how to deal with encoding issues while dealing with strings in perl? May be I should try using it.
Adam Stoller
I think you've already ruled out a problem with the code. From your earlier statements the problem appears to be specific to the client machine and/or the browser used on the client machine:
Check the browser settings between machines where it shows up correct and machines where it does not show up correctly - go through each and every single preference setting in the browser one-by-one and take note of any and all differences.
Verify that you are using the same browser version (including patches) on both machines
Verify that you are using the same OS version (including patches).
My guess is that somewhere along the way you'll probably find something [significant] that's different which when made consistent will resolve the problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com