Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
moving backing store from 5.5.2 to 6.1
hitc
I have a server A (solaris 5.5.2 SP4) and a server B (solaris 6.1 SP1).
I want to move the backing-store from A to B.B is a new installation so the backing-store is empty.
A and B are using the same set of uids and gids
Can I just tar the backing store from A and put it on B?Since they have the same backing store,or is there another way to do it?
Thx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I'm
fairly
certain that this should be OK. The format of the content store (IWOV doesn't like to use 'backing store' any more - something to do with the acronym, I think
) hasn't changed significantly between 5.5.2 and 6.1. If this were Windows (or if your UID/GIDs were different) you'd need to use
iwidmap
, but I don't
think
you'll even need to do that.
This process is
not
reversable, however. You
cannot
move a 6.x store into a 5.5.2 installation. Even though the format hasn't changed, activating the store in a 6.x environment sets a version number flag in the store, that 5.5.2 doesn't recognize, so it will refuse to activate it.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
fish
not sure on the size of your backing store and your network but you might find ufsdump/ufsrestore quicker and easier than tar
Steve