Teamsite 6.1 SP2 Windows
Hi,
I'm still having a total nightmare handling replicants in my presentation template.
I have a couple of optional elements to the page and if they aren't populated then I don't want the html to contain space for them. So I need to check whether my replicants have values before deciding what to render in my presentation template. There's a KB article
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=2190 about checking for values but I can't get this to work for me.
Here's a sample DCR:
<standard>
<content>
<contentType>text</contentType>
<image/>
<imageCaption/>
<paragraph><p>something</p></paragraph>
<subheading/>
</content>
<pointOfInterest poiDescription="sdfsdfsdf" poiLink="dsfdsfsdf.aspx" poiText="fdgdfgdfgdfgfdg"/>
<thumbnails fullImage="/_images/fullsize/kylie.jpg" image="/_images/thumbnails/kyliethumb.jpg" imageCaption="sdfsdfsdf"/>
<communityTip/>
<pageTitle>title</pageTitle>
<pageType>standard</pageType>
</standard>
Now the pointOfInterest element, the communityTip element and the thumbails are all optional. As you'll see there are no child elements within these, additional values are represented as attributes, I tried changing my datacapture.cfg to have them as children but this didn't seem to help me either. I'm happy to reshape them however I need them if it's easier.
help!
I just need the pt syntax for checking whether there are any values in the replicants - checking if "iwpt_dcr_list('dcr.standard.PointOfInterest') >0 " doesn't work because the element still exists even if it's empty. Checking for whether it contains a value seems to go bad too, likewise using the perl "defined".
Please shout if you need any more info from me - sorry too that i might take a while getting back, being in Oz I tend to have my questions answered overnight by folk in the States.
cheers
Ani