Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Solaris server configuration
stevekrys
Greetings,
I am currently planning to upgrade from TS 5.5.2 to 6.5. 5.5.2 is on Windows and I'm looking at doing the upgrade and porting it over to Solaris. In a consulting services doc I found example configurations for TS 6.X for small, medium, and high usage installations that had both Windows and Solaris hardware config recommendations. Ours is likey a medium usage installation (40 concurrent users and 40,000 files). Unfortunately, The Solaris recommendation (Sun Fire V60x Server, 8 gb ram, Dual-processor, Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 MB processor cache, RAID 0+1 or Net appliance) has been discontinued by Sun. Can anyone offer any info on updated specs? Thanks in advance.
Steve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Although I can't speak to the proper specifications, we are currently running our TeamSite 6.1 SP1 servers (just upgraded from 5.5.2) with the following configuration:
- Solaris 2.8
- Sun 420R - dual processor (450 Mhz)
- 2 GB RAM
- Backing store on a Network Appliance Filer in RAID 5
We have more files but probably a little less in terms of concurrent users. These boxes are never really have any sort of peak load levels.
In the case of TeamSite 6.5, with search being introduced you might want to consider using some brawnier hardware, especially if you plan on having the search component run on the same server as TeamSite.