Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Substitute NULL values in DD
mmb
DD 5.5.2
Is it possible to perform a NULL value substitution within the <substitution> element of a DD config file?
e.g
<substitution>
<field name="TeamSite/Metadata/Language" match="NULL" replace="zzall" />
</substitution>
thanks
- mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Did you try using a regex that matches the empty string? I've not used the substitution facility, so I'm not sure how well it would work, but DD seems to treat empty values the same as NULL. So perhaps
<substitution>
would work
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
mmb
nice idea, but unfortunately it doesnt work
I will have a bit more dig around and see if I can find anything in the documentation!
thanks for your suggestion
- mark
clogan
Have you tried removing it in a Tuple Processor?
Dwayne
I was going to suggest that as a possibility as well, but that's a pretty heavy-weight tool for what should be a simple operation.
Of course, if it's the only tool that will do the job ...
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K