Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.1 SP1 - CCPRO tt_data Working?
Gregg Faus
Has anyone successfully kicked off workflow from start to finish within CCPro in a form with TS6.1 SP1? I enabled tt_data as described in the sp1 release notes (<param id="ccpro-use-tt-data" value="true">) and when I try I run into unexpected behavior.
This is how I'm doing it:
1) Edit DCR
2) Click "Finish" (I guess Next is only displayed in CCSTD)
3) Get workflow submit step (e.g. Next Action, Attach action). Click "Next".
4) I then get the "Loading Page" screen. After it is done loading I get a blank window with the back, finish, and cancel buttons.
5) At this point I would think the workflow was kicked off. Not the case. If I try clicking "Finish" again I get a javascript error (see screenshot).
Anyone else see this behavior?
Environment: WIn2k TS6.1 SP1, Meta Tagger disabled via application_custom.xml
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I ran into the same issue on W2K.
Heres my observation:
1. Eventhough you get the JS error the workflow is actually started.
2. This only happens when you do not require any user input during instantiation - no required TAG_info directives. In other words, if you use the OOTB solutions configurable default submit workflow (which requires the user to enter a submit comment), it works fine.
3. If you look at the source of the lower pane of "Loading Page" window, you will see some JS code which is trying to submit a form named iwwft_instantiator (if I remember it correctly). Since no user input is required, the HTML code for this form is not generated.
4. A workaround that works for me is to have some input required by the user. (required field in TAG_info).
Seems like a bug to me. I have opened a case with support as I just do not have enough time to troubleshoot this.
I suggest you open a case.
Gregg Faus
I opened a case. Interesting that is works with some user input.
brendang
We just applied sp1 to solaris and having the same issues. I've gone back to my custom javascript callout. :-(
Migrateduser
I just reviewed the SP1 release notes:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/html/610/ts61_sp1_rn/ts.sp9.html
.
There is a fix for a tt_data problem in it.
Regards,
lissa
iwovGraduate
The release notes says how to enable tt_data on CCPro. This (tt_data event) works as documented. However the issue is the way workflow is instantiated. See the above posts.
Gregg Faus
Exactly. My support case has been open for 9 days and is still unassigned. Not that I'm complaining or anything
iwovGraduate
Can't. Smitty has exclusive rights on complaining
Migrateduser
Gregg needs to send me a check for $5 for copyright infringement.
In all seriousness, this bug is going to bite us in the **** as well - we would like to see it fixed ASAP. Gregg - please post the bug number once you get it so we can attach our company names to it. Although you'd think with a bug like this they would just fix it as a high priority. Unless they decide it's a "feature request" - then we're all doomed.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Edited by Smitty77 on 07/09/04 10:09 AM (server time).
Gregg Faus
Sorry Smitty. I can only write checks for beer and pizza.
I'm hopeful a patch will be released. I'll let you know if a bug number has been attached to my case. For now, I'm just going to wait on SP1 until I can roll the patch for this issue into my upgrade from 6.1.
brandon1
Any updates on a bug # or fix for this?
Migrateduser
It's an award winning support site, not an award winning support department.
brandon1
Thanks for the comic relief was hoping gfaus would respond with a bug # and a witty Smitty bash :-).
Gregg Faus
No my case hasn't been addressed yet (14 days and counting). iwovGraduate opened a case on this same issue before me so maybe he has more information for you. If I do get a number I will post it.
gzevin
Any case numbers? I need to add our name to it!!!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
I've tried to do the workaround. I put a job description. yep, it works if you type something into it. but if you leave it empty, you get a red textarea, but no buttons underneath.. just that!
common, IWOV, are we still in Beta version???????
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
I have tried to find a workaround.
entering something like:
TAG_info(
iw_desc =>
[ html => "<textarea rows='5' cols='40'></textarea>",
label => "Job Description",
error_msg => 'Please enter a description',
],
);
works.. unless you don't input something in the field. then you get an error message for the field.. but no buttons in the Wizard.. they are just gone....
if I try to enter a simple text imput field with a default value, it does not work for a single field (works if there are 2 of them).. Really bizzare.
anyone with robust workarounds for this ANOTHER 6.1 issue?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
I was told this is bug # 54476.
I have an open Priority 1 case.
I have been trying a lots of things to work wround.. Unbelievable.. nothing helps, this piece of code is really SOMETHING!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
our friend from Interwoven Sajid Islam has sent me a workaround, which works.
if (! defined( __VALUE__('iw_first_time') ) ) {
TAG_info(
iw_first_time_hidden_placeholder =>
[ html => "<input type='hidden' value=''>",
is_required => 'true',
],
);
}
TAG_info(
dummy =>
[
html => "<input size='60' type='text' value=''>",
label => "You don't need to enter anything, just click Next",
is_required => 'false',
],
);
it produces a dummy entry bix, which takes no effect on the workflow.
Also, IWOV support has just told me that this bug will be fixed in SP2.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Gregg Faus
I was told by Sajid that this was fixed in 6.5. I didn't see a mention of a fix in the 6.5 release notes, but I'll report back when I get 6.5 running.
sajiddc
Folks,
This bug has been fixed in both TS 6.1 SP2 and TS 6.5. I have not personally verified if it is really fixed or not.
I strongly recommened that you open a support case if you run in to this issue in SP2 or TS 6.5
Adam Stoller
Has 6.1 SP2 been released ? I thought that wasn't coming until the end of the month...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sajiddc
No it has not been released yet
Gregg Faus
I can confirm that I can now kickoff a workflow from a form within CCPRO in TeamSite 6.5. The workaround that was spoke of earlier is not necessary.