Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
setting the default generate directory
bturns
TS 5.5.2 sp6
Solaris 8
Is it possible to set the directory that a particular template will default to when generating? specifically, when selecting the "generate" button on the DCR the GUI opens up a Navigation window so that you can navigate to a desired directory to generate in. Is it possible to have the starting directory set to a default?
Thanks,
Brian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
I was just about to post a similar question. I am using TeamSite 6.1 SP1 on W2K3, but it should function the same.
The templating.cfg file controls how this functionality should work. According to the Forms Publisher manual on page 75, you should be able to set your directory relative to the user's workarea. I have tried a bunch of different options but am unable to get it to function correctly.
Here is a snippet:
<data-type name="news" dcr-type="iwov">
<presentation>
<template name="NewsArticle.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/">
<!-- <directory dir-regex=".*" /> -->
<directory dir-regex="./en/newsEvents"/>
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
</data-type>
When I click the Generate button within an existing of new DCR, the output box is empty, and when I hit browse it starts in the root of the workarea.
I have also tried: /en/newsEvents, en/newsEvents, ./en/newsEvents/
What am I doing wrong?
nipper
Do not think it is possible, the directory is just a validation regex rather than a browser starting point.
bturns
Yeah the <directory dir-regex="./en/newsEvents"/> will simply validate that all files are generated in that specified directory. However, it does not control where the browse button defaults.
Adam Stoller
If you control the content generation process via a workflow - rather than letting users perform generation manually - you can control the output location and filename.
Otherwise all you have is the ability to specify a regex which will be used to verify that the user navigated to the correct location before trying to save the to-be generated file (I think there's a long-standing feature request for this - you might see if someone in Support could look it up for you)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bturns
The wierd thing is users are claiming that they are begining at different directories. When I log in I'm placed at the root of the workarea. However, some users are put in directories a couple level deep. Has anyone else seen this?
gzevin
yes, I did. resetting the entities database seems to have fixed the issue
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bturns
So does that mean that by placing a directory path in the entities database you could force the user to begin in a certain directory?
gzevin
I don't think so. I would not go that far in my conclusions. With software, especially with IWOV, you cannot assume a two-way street
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU