Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Template Builder Question
MarkWh
Hi,
I am having a problem setting up the Dreamweaver plugin for TeamSite v6.0. I am trying to get Dreamweaver to preview a DCT I have created. When I hit the "preview template" button from the "Template Editor" dialog, it opens a window to teamsite but to the content centre navigator page for the appropriate work area. I would expect this to open the dialog with the DCT previewed. I have checked the tutorial, and this agrees. I have double checked my "Site setup" and under "Remote Info" this has the remote folder set up to be the work area folder on my teamsite server. This agrees with the tutorial too. I am pulling my hair out, without fantastic amounts to start with anyway ;o).
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MarkWh
Is anyone else getting this problem? Is it a bug, or is it me?
Migrateduser
I don't think many people use that tool.
Stockmarkettype.jpg
Gregg Faus
Our designers use DreamWeaver. I guess I've never heard of such a plugin. Is it free? What are the benefits?
MarkWh
I think its free.
It seem to have some problems with v6.0 though. When these are ironed out it would be good for less experienced users, or for a way of starting a template off. There seem to be two apsects. One for creating DCT's one for creating TPLs.
The DCT half means you don't need to know much xml. You use a series of dialogs to create the DCT, selecting the types of input elements you need. It fills in all the attributes for you.
The TPL half lets you pull in a HTML page, associate it with a DCT, then replace items on the HTML with items in your DCT.
smenon
Is the template that you are trying to create based on a custom DTD or is it based on the "Interwoven DTD" ?
Regarding the tool itself : The Visual Template Builder is a plug-in to DreamWeaver and available for free to all TeamSite customers with current maintainence and it does not include DreamWeaver. You should get your own licensed copy of DreamWeaver from Macromedia (also available from Interwoven).
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
MarkWh
The template is based on "datacapture6.0.dtd". I have noticed some other problems with the plug in regarding TeamSite v6.0 as opposed to v5.5, so I guess it could be related to that. The template is only a test template, so I have copied it below, if that helps:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding = "UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE datacapture SYSTEM "datacapture6.0.dtd">
<data-capture-requirements type="content" name="benefits">
<ruleset name="benefits">
<description>Template to gather benefits information</description>
<root-container name="benefits" location="benefits">
<item name="title" pathid="title">
<label>Title</label>
<description>The page title</description>
<text required="t"></text>
</item>
<container name="paragraphs" combination="and" min="1" max="4" location="paragraphs">
<item name="paragraphTitle" pathid="paragraphTitle">
<label>Paragraph title</label>
<description>The title of the paragraph</description>
<text required="t"></text>
</item>
<item name="paragraph" pathid="paragraph">
<label>Paragraph</label>
<description>Paragraph</description>
<textarea required="t" external-editor="visualformat"></textarea>
</item>
</container>
<container name="metaData">
<item name="cacheable" pathid="cacheable">
<label>cacheable</label>
<description>Is this page cacheable by a browser</description>
<checkbox>
<option value="true" label="Yes"/>
</checkbox>
</item>
<item name="followable" pathid="followable">
<label>Followable</label>
<description>Allow web crawlers to follow links on this page</description>
<checkbox>
<option value="true" label="Yes"/>
</checkbox>
</item>
<item name="secure" pathid="secure" item-id="secure">
<label>Secure</label>
<description>Employ security such as https when serving this item</description>
<checkbox>
<option value="true" label="Yes"/>
</checkbox>
</item>
<item name="searchable" pathid="searchable">
<label>Searchable</label>
<description>This page can be returned by search</description>
<checkbox>
<option value="true" label="Yes"/>
</checkbox>
</item>
<item name="abstract" pathid="abstract">
<label>Abstract</label>
<description>Descriptive text used by search</description>
<textarea></textarea>
</item>
<item name="keywords" pathid="keywords">
<label>Keywords</label>
<description>Comma separated list of keywords for use in search indexing etc</description>
<text></text>
</item>
</container>
</root-container>
</ruleset>
</data-capture-requirements>