Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
updating CGI window
Annad
Hi all,
I have a workflow with the first two tasks as cgi tasks. These 2 tasks are basically converting a standard xml file to TeamSite DCR and then setting some primary EAs
on the converted DCR. Since this is called on for a huge number of files, the users need to know what is going on during the execution of these tasks. I want to keep printing the status of a task onto the window (After each file has been converted to DCR and so on...). Although I print the status onto the screen, all of the output are spit out at once. Is there any way that the script can print the status one at a time.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
What OS are you on ? If Solaris, you may be able to differentiate STDOUT from STDERR, of if you control the
output, you can have it post to a different file handle.
HTH
ANdy
Adam Stoller
Do you have a line near the top of your code like this:
$| = 1;
That
should
prevent buffering on STDOUT (which is the default) - I've had mixed results with it, sometimes it seems to work and other times it doesn't seem to help any - but it's generally recommended.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Frederik
just a simple idea, but some browsers (well, at least things like the older netscapes, I'm not so hot up-to-date anymore) will only display a <TABLE> structure after they have seen the end tag </TABLE>.
So if you have printed your outputs in a table (one row per comment) that may explain the result you're seeing. Other than that, I would recommend the $|=1 as mentioned before.
Annad
Thanks,
I got it working. I had the line $| = 1 and it flushes the buffer right away by spitting out the text to the STDOUT.
Thanks again.
-Anna