Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD 6.0 - Admin Servlet Stops
Gregg Faus
I just installed OD 6.0 (CSF, Base, Admin) and I'm running into some problems with the admin servlet service starting. I installed OD in the following order as specified in the docs:
1) CSF (default ports/settings used)
2) Base server (upgrade from 5.6x)
3) Admin server (upgrde from 5.6x)
Both the CSF and Base server services are running and CSF get requests on the HTTP server port (12973).
Looking at the odadmin log, located in \AdminServer\odadmin\log, I get the source of the exception -- not sure how to read this. I've attached this to my post as it's probably the best indicator of the problem.
I also configured the CSF Access Service according to the instructions on p.76 of the OD installation doc.
Anyone got any ideas? I thought I'd post this here before opening a case.
Thanks.
Environment: Win2k TS 6.1, OD 6.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Did you reboot after upgrading?
I just did the same procedure on my laptop (upgraded from 5.6) and all seems well.
Probably not related to your issue, but don't forget to update the reporting database schema if you use the reporting feature. There's a section called "Upgrading Reporting Tables" and "Upgrading the Default Reporting Database" on pp. 262-264 in the OD 6.0 Admin Guide that explains how to do it.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Gregg Faus
I rebooted a few times, first after installing CSF and then after the base/admin server installation.
After messing around with it this morning I just decided to remove the OD admin and reinstall. Now it works. Go figure.
Migrateduser
If the OD admin installer log is still hanging around (AdminServer\odadmin\install\install_adm.log), would be interesting to see if there was a problem when you ran the upgrade install...
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Gregg Faus
I've attached the log file. There are a few entries related to the 5.6 installations from a while back.
The second to last entry (6/30) is a bit different the last entry (7/1), but that could just be because it wasn't an upgrade. Specifically these items were
not
logged in the upgrade:
7-1-2004_14:58:29__RunProcess C:\INTERW~1\ADMINS~1\odadmin\db\iwoddbtool.bat -sql C:\INTERW~1\ADMINS~1\odadmin\db\ODEvents_hSql.sql
Run C:\Interwoven\AdminServer\odadmin\db\iwoddbtool.bat -sql ODEvents_hSql.sql
7-1-2004_14:58:42__RunProcess C:\INTERW~1\ADMINS~1\odadmin\db\iwoddbtool.bat -sql C:\INTERW~1\ADMINS~1\odadmin\db\quickreportlist_hSql.sql
Run C:\Interwoven\AdminServer\odadmin\db\iwoddbtool.bat -sql quickreportlist_hSql.sql
Migrateduser
Nothing jumps out at me in the logs.
The missing lines during the upgrade are expected. Those are what initialize a new demo database for reporting.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com