Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding User not working
nico
TS 551 sp1 win2k
I'm trying to add a former user I deleted but he is not able to login now that i have added him back. I've tried to add him to any role also i've done the reset to reread the conf files after each edit. We are using active directory.
Thanks for any help
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
herald10
I am not sure on Windows. But I can explain how this occurs on Solaris. That might help you in figuring out whats going on.
When removing users you need to use the CLT iwrmuser to remove the user from the entity database. Otherwise it stays there and creates the problem you are facing when you try to add the same user. So I suggest you remove that user using that CLT explicitly. And then try adding him.
nico
yeah I discovered that after the problem then did that several times and still no dice. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
Migrateduser
Try this:
iwrmuser.ipl <user>
iwuser -d <user>
If this does not work, you can remove the entities database:
<iw-home>/local/entities by renaming it.
TeamSite will create a new one. What you must do after renaming the database is to add the default TeamSite users, otherwise you might run into problems with authenticating with opendeploy.
<iw-home>\iw-perl\bin\iwperl <iw-home>\install\add_edb.pl <iw-home>
See KB Replacing the TeamSite Entity Database
Knowledge Base Article: 48797
Note that users will lose their preferences (like my home).
Migrateduser
Have you also added him back as a user on the operating system (i.e. Administrative Tools > Computer Management)? I know you're using AD, but I believe this step is still necessary -- of course, I could be wrong.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
nico
Turns out there is a bug in 552 sp1 where the iwservlet does not release the cache that had the info. We resolved the matter by doing an iwreset -ui Given that 552 is currently at sp6 looks like we need to get in gear.