Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OM extension in Web interface
rajit
Hi All
I have extended the default object model of WorkSite Mp to include my metadata. I was able to create
a new library using that object model. The problem is that I am not able to see the new properties that
I have added in the 'unregistered properties' list of the Web Components for including them in the UI.
For Ex. I added a new property called 'Client Name' to the project object using the Object modeller and
generated the new object model. Using this OM I created the new library. Now when I try to create
a new view set for this new library by adding the property to the UI, I don't see the new property
listed in the 'unregistered properties'.
Has anybody faced such a problem, it would be great if somebody could give the solution for this problem
regards
Rajit
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnguilfoyle
Rajit,
I saw exactly the same behavior until I restarted the application server -- Tomcat, in my case.
-John
rajit
Thanks a lot John!
That worked for me too.......I really appreciate your response.
best regards
Rajit
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, restarting tomcat did not work for me.
The trick is, when you create a new library, or migrate to an existing one, only the Process Manager should be running. Everything else should be stopped (including tomcat, CMS, Indexer), otherwise it wont work.
The other thing to try is, after migrating or creating a new library, delete the old deployed tomcat directory, e.g.
\\mpwebcomponents\tomcat4.1.30\webapps\worksitemp It will automatically get recreated from the WAR file when you restart tomcat (and it might take a couple of minutes).
In my case, we created a new library based on the extended object model, followed the above steps and it worked.
Marek