Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
open deploy
Ravidialog
Hi,
I want to know is that possible to do some task after the deployment using open deploy. like post deploy tasks. I mean that I have got 2 files in web server need to be renamed or copied. Basically I have got two type of deployment urgent and schedule. where do I make changes.
Urgent.........
ravi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
try to write a deploy'n'run-Script, which is triggered after a successful deployment. You have to add some code in your deploy configuration file like:
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="your_def_name">
<deployNRun>
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="after" state="success">
<script cmd="/yourscript/post-od -param 1 -param 2 async="no"/>
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
More information about deploy'n'run-scripts you can have in your OpenDeploy-Documentation.
Cheers
Stefan
Ravidialog
Hi Look at my Open deploy config file. I am trying run a bat file copy_file.bat in target server, (In my case source and target are thje same only testing)
copy_file.bat --- copy E:\TeamSite\OpenDeploy\tmp\a.html E:\TeamSite\OpenDeploy\tmp\b.html
I t does not copy a to b. Why this bat file is not running,.
</definition>
- <deployment transactional="no">
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="MYDEFINITIONNAME" />
- <dnrDeploymentJob location="target" when="after" state="success">
<script cmd="E:\TeamSite\OpenDeployNG\conf\dtd\copy_file.bat" as="" where="E:\TeamSite\OpenDeployNG\conf\dtd" async="yes" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
but it works for source as it is in the same server.
Ravi
Migrateduser
Note that the file E:\TeamSite\OpenDeployNG\conf\dtd\copy_file.bat should be present on the target site.
Migrateduser
and that the file E:\TeamSite\OpenDeploy\tmp\a.html should be present on the target site...
Adam Stoller
dnrDeloymentJob, if memory serves correct, will only work on location="source" - you have location="target" - which *should* be generating at least a warning in one of the OD logs (either in od.log, the hostname_odbase.log or the macro or micro logs for the deployment)
Since you're doing a loopback deployment right now - you can try changing "target" to "source" and see if that resolved the immediate problem.
If you are going to need something like this to run on the target side for "real" - then you will either have to use dnrDeployment as opposed to dnrDeploymentJob *or* file a feature request for target-side dnrDeploymentJob functionality (actually, I think there's already one filed, hopefully Todd will pipe in with information...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Feature request 37705.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com