Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IE 6.0 and Teamsite
rpollock
Has anyone experienced the problem of very slow screen refreshing using IE 6 on XP against TeamSite 6.5 on Windows 2003?
One of our developers says it can take up to 5 minutes to render a page in IE but only seconds using Firefox. Giving the developer admin rights on the workstation seems to fix the problem with IE.
Any other suggestions or ideas to check out?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mrki
Hello,
we are experiencing exactly the same problems with IE 6 SP1 on Win2k SP4 and TeamSite 6.5 on Solaris.
Also we have noticed that the IE 6 does not cache the system icons (e.g. add or move replicant icons).
For us it does not make a difference if the user have the admin rights on the workstation.
Anyone else with same problems or perhaps a tip out there?
Migrateduser
I have seen this recently, also. They had the very same problem with the replicant icons not caching -- they were using TS 6.1 (no SP) on Win2k3 and I've worked in that environment previously, so I'm not sure why they experienced it and I had worked on other implementations where this was not a problem.
In any case, what was done is the JSP file responsible for rendering a DCT was edited directly to display textual links for the +/-/up/down buttons. It didn't look pretty, but it addressed the slowness issue.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
rpollock
So this could be a result of the Microsoft Java client?
Migrateduser
I would tend to doubt that, only because from the same machine, I had worked with 4 different TS implementations and had this problem with only the one. I'd suspect iwwebd.exe, another TS/web executable, or perhaps some misconfiguration on the server side.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K