Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deletion from backing store
saumil
Hi,
I want to delete some version or may be all the version info. from backing store of certain dcr as per requirement.
what is the best way to do?
Saumil Shah
Technical Associate
Mahindra and British Telecom
+0919819890479
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You can delete the current version and submit it - thereby creating a 'hole' in place of that file from that point forwards.
You cannot delete historical versions of files manually - TeamSite will garbage-collect versions of files which are no longer referenced by any edition, staging, or workarea at some point in time, so deleting the old editions will eventually achieve what you want - but it may also delete versions of other files at the same time (which may or may not be what you want).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
saumil
HI,
In my Case, I have no edition, content were created for testing and also submitted.
so If I am getting you right the resolution is,
if I will delete dcr from WORKAREA and STAGING it will automatically get removed from backing-store.
Is there any time specification given by IWOV ?
Saumil Shah
Technical Associate
Mahindra and British Telecom
+0919819890479
Adam Stoller
you delete it from the workarea, submit the deletion to staging - yes.
I'm not sure about how frequently the backing store is checked for garbage collection - you might contact support regarding this as if you *really* need to know this, you'll need to get an official response.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com